For over 25 years, Clarke Silverglate has built its reputation as a firm of trial lawyers who are willing to try difficult cases, any time, in any location. The Firm’s concentration in labor and employment litigation parallels the expansion of federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to the scope of available labor and employment theories of recovery. The Firm has vast experience defending discrimination and retaliation claims under the ADA, Title VII, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, NRLA, OSHA, USERRA, EPA, and various state and local counterparts.
Clarke Silverglate offers a unique form of representation that blends comprehensive, substantive knowledge of employment law with the litigation experience of trial lawyers. This combination enables us to obtain consistently favorable results for our clients.
Of course, the best defense is preventing employment issues before they arise. With that in mind, the Firm offers cost-effective, preventive consulting services for a variety of pre-litigation personnel matters including:
- Advice on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring procedures
- Drafting or reviewing employee handbooks, company policies, arbitration agreements, restrictive covenants, and independent contractor agreements
- Auditing wage and hour practices, including timekeeping, record keeping, and use of exemptions
- Assisting clients with managing ongoing employee conflicts, including coaching relating to documentation, retaliation, and record preservation
- Assisting clients with complex issues under the FMLA and ADA, including the discussion of reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities
Clarke Silverglate also has extensive litigation and consulting experience with restrictive covenants. The Firm appreciates the fierce competition in Corporate America and how companies protect trade secrets and sweat equity with agreements not to compete, solicit, or disclose. The Firm is equally adept at drafting, negotiating, and enforcing such provisions.